Dr. Sherrie A. Madia
JOB SEARCH SURVIVAL: HOW TO USE SOCIAL NETWORKING TO LAND A JOB
Author and educator, Sherrie A. Madia, Ph.D. will present an interactive and dynamic discussion on using social networking effectively for job search. This lively presentation will include:
• How to create and maintain your online presence for job search
• Strategies for online research, job search and personal brand building
• How to rev up your efforts to land a job NOW—From your “Web 2.0 resume” to your online image, to showcasing yourself as the ideal candidate for any employer—in any market
• Making the most of search-engine strategies, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, social networks, blogs, podcasts, video and more to leapfrog the competition and land yourself a job
• How to use core strategies for selling your product—YOU!—in all that you do—from your professional image, to your letter of inquiry, to acing the interview process
Sherrie A. Madia, Ph.D. is an educator, author, and trainer. Her most recent books include The Social Media Survival Guide (Also available in Spanish), The Online Job Search Survival Guide, and S.E.R.I.A.L.PRENEURSHIP: The Secrets of Repeatable Business Success. She is frequently cited by the national media as an expert in social media.
She is Director of Communications, External Affairs at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, and managing partner of EyeCatcher Digital, a strategy consulting firm, offering corporate training in presentation skills, corporate image consulting, and strategy planning.
She is Associate Adjunct Professor at Drexel University, and a Lecturer at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. She holds a Ph.D. in Mass Media and Communication from Temple University, a Master’s degree in Communication from the University of Miami, and a Bachelor of Arts in Writing Seminars from The Johns Hopkins University.